Proteor Keasy Liners
Based in France, Proteor are one of the leading companies producing products for the Prosthetic, Orthotic and Assistive Technology markets. Formed over 90 years ago Proteor boast more than 4,500 products in their range.
The Keasy liner is a unique product that provides a seamless alternative to the Pelite liner. Keasy cones are thermoformable, creating a smooth glueless finish that helps avoid possible allergic reactions. This also saves time in manufacture, allowing reworking of the material to allow for patient changes.
Made from a closed cell structure, the Keasy allows for easy cleaning, good hygiene and long life.
Are you one of the many satisfied users of Proteor Keasy Liners? Then contact us & let us know!
How to use the Keasy Liner
- Check the circumference of the positive model and check to see if thermoforming is possible
- Set the oven at 170°C
- Place cast on a mandrel attached to vacuum
- If possible extend proximal end of cast with plasterzote by approx. 5-10cm
- Put the liner into the oven on a Teflon sheet
- Leave in the oven for 3 to 5 minutes and check for softness of material
- When liner is ready, place the Keasy over the cast and stretch down
- Pull a bag over the cast and liner, and apply vacuum slowly
- Apply pressure to the liner to avoid wrinkles
- If necessary, massage the material to remove air pockets
- Let the material cool as long as necessary, then cut the liner
- Removal is straightforward if the material is well cooled
- The material can be cut and sanded easily