UTX Swing 80/120
The UTX Swing 80/120 knee orthosis unlocks when the ankle arrives in the correct dorsal flexion combined with the operation of the knee extension. The ankle joint has a cable which runs inside the tube to an unlocking device at the knee. Together with its active spring controlled planta flexion ankle joint causes a more smooth and natural ankle movement during walking.
Are you one of the many satisfied users of UTX Swing 80/120? Then contact us & let us know!
Clinical Patient Group
The UTX Swing 80/120 is extremely suitable for some patients with a Neurological condition, such as MS, PPS, CVA and patients suffering from Femoral Nerve damage, RTA, Spinal Injuries, Head Injuries and of course Polio.
Successful patients should have the following indications, measured on the scale of 0 to 5, 3-5 hip extensors, 3-5 knee extensors or hyperextension of the knee. Furthermore, on weight bearing at the end of the stance phase, a few degrees dorsal flexion is required, which to our experience even with fixed equinus is commonly available.
- No function at all
- Visible muscle tension; no movement of the leg
- Visible muscle tension; little movement of the leg
- Moderate muscle tension; leg can be moved against gravity
- Good muscle tension; sub optimal leg use
- Optimal muscle tension; normal leg use
- Fixed equinus
- Unique hands free un-locking device
- Non-weight bearing caliper
- Ease of unlocking device aides in sitting down
- Low weight: 750 grams / 900 grams
- High comfort of wearing
- Bodyweight up to 80kg (12 stone) / 120kg (19 stone)
This orthosis is designed within the three C’s philosophy (comfort, control, cosmetic). This single sided light-weight caliper is also designed with the Velcro straps at the back of the leg enabling complete comfort not only in the walking but especially in the sitting position.
- The UTX Swing 80/120 is extremely suitable for some patients with a Neurological condition, such as MS, PPS, CVA
- Patients suffering from Femoral Nerve damage, RTA, Spinal Injuries, Head Injuries and of course Polio
- Paresis or paralysis of leg muscles, for example weak or non-functioning quads